Pathogens have made medical-grade cabinets essential at every clinic, hospital, and laboratory in order to prevent infection. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, however, that need only increased.
At Electi Cabinet Supply, we take our high-quality materials seriously! Quality building supplies are essential for creating the best medical-grade cabinets in the Rio Grande Valley, and our cabinet suppliers in Mission want to explore your options regarding what materials make great medical-grade cabinets and why!
When we talk about medical-grade, it means that you are using materials that are held to the highest standards of safety. To make sure that cabinets and cabinet materials are considered medical-grade, they need to:
- Go through ASTM testing – This ensures that every piece of cabinet hardware, and the design of it as a whole, meets around 12,000 globally operated standards developed by the top experts in engineering, healthcare, and technology within medical research, drug development, and more.
- Go through various U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) tests – These tests help determine biological responses to plastics, elastomeric, and other polymeric materials.
- Meet International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards – These ensure guidelines or characteristics that are used to ensure that all materials and products fit all medical environments.
Identifying the Best Building Supplies for Your Medical-Grade Cabinets
Medical grade cabinets may be designed as storage like wall, locker, or steel lab cabinets for medical rooms and environments. These medical-grade cabinet parts are created with plastics, laminates, and a variety of resins. Various parts that may be designed for medical-grade cabinets are:
- Fixed shelves
- Slide-out shelves
- And much more.
4 Medical-Grade Cabinet Building Supplies Features
1. Medium-density fibreboards (MDF)
Our MDF is crucial to creating the best medical-grade cabinets due to their versatility and innovative nature. They are cost-effective, user-friendly (with other cabinet supplies and materials), contain a smooth surface, and more. In fact, there is a lot to know about MDF, and how it benefits cabinet making in general.
2. Fittings & hardware
At Electi Cabinet Supply, we offer a variety of high-quality fittings and hardware, including hinges, rails, toe-kicks, door handles, Gola systems, organizers, and more! We also provide other services aside from our materials to help you create the best medical-grade cabinets for your medical offices and businesses.
3. Antimicrobial/medical-grade finishes
Many types of cabinet finishes can be included on medium-density fibreboards. Antimicrobial and medical-grade finishes are created with a coating that prevents the growth of bacteria and other harmful microbes that may be exposed in medical environments from spills, droplets, and more.
4. Silver, copper, stainless steel
These metals are great due to their antimicrobial properties! For example, 304 and 316-grade stainless steel are used due to their ability to keep harmful microbes from surviving on their surface.
Reach Out To Your McAllen Cabinet Hardware Supplier Today!
Electi Cabinet Supply is proud to provide clients with the best cabinet supplies in Mission and the Rio Grande Valley. Please contact us today to learn more about the best cabinet materials for your medical-grade cabinets.