There is a lot that medium-density fibreboards offer for your cabinet supply needs! They are versatile, durable, and cost-effective. At Electi Cabinet Supply, our cabinet building suppliers provide high-quality MDF for you to choose from.
There are three different types of MDF that you should be aware of.
What is MDF?
Medium-density fibreboard is created by compressing shavings, byproducts, and sawdust with resins into panels. These MDF panels can be used for a large variety of applications in construction.
They are usually made in ½ inch or ¾ inch sheets. MDF panels are also:
Read our first blog to learn more about medium-density fibreboards!
Particle boards are created using, as the name suggests, wooden particles and a form of resin. Particle boards are:
- Cheap and reliable for your home and cabinetry projects
- Usually used for small-scale furniture needs, such as cupboards
- Placed on a sheet and mixed with the resin, which keeps them all intact
- Environmentally friendly, due to them being created from the wood’s chipping and shavings from the parent log
Fibreboards are high-density particle boards created in a similar manner. Properties of fibreboards include:
- They are environmentally friendly
- Fibreboards are reliable MDF boards
- They are mainly used for soundproofing residential and commercial buildings
- Fibreboard is made with raw materials, like wood chippings, as well as organic fibers, such as sugarcane or vegetable starch
Laminated boards are also known as a type of hardboard created from wood fibers exposed to high heat and pressure. Laminated boards are:
- Free of knots
- Strong and durable
- Created by gluing thin fiberboards
- Much more dense and have a smoother surface
- Common for large furniture and cabinetry projects
Characteristics of MDF
There are other characteristics of medium-density fibreboards you should also consider, including:
- Colored: These types of MDF are similar to regular kinds of MDF, except they include color substrates to add personality to projects, as needed.
- Fire-rated: These types of MDF are fire-enhanced for better protection to a building. If a fire occurs, fire-rated MDF will slow the spread of fire throughout the building.
- Exterior grade: This type of MDF is created with much more durability and is highly resistant to moisture, fungus, and termites.
- Moisture-resistant: This type is used for highly humid conditions throughout a building or home, such as a kitchen or bathroom.
Reach Out to Your Cabinet Materials Supplier in McAllen!
You can count on #ElectiCabinetSupply for all your cabinet building supplies! We offer an abundance of cabinet materials for cabinet makers, contractors, and other loyal customers in the #RioGrandeValley. via http://english.electicabinetsupply.com/
Whatever your cabinet needs may be, you can choose particle, fibre, and laminated boards for various projects! Be sure to check out our selection of high-quality medium-density fibreboard panels and call us today!